the playful k journey

the playful k journey
going somewhere slowly...

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Misery has magical powers...

Yes, It's been a few miserable days for me. Being in Durban meant I was always busy either at work or with my friends. It is therefore not surprising that I've been in a state of misery in The City That (apparently) Never Sleeps. I can assure you a lot of sleeping goes on in this neighbourhood. Apart from the little school that happens to be our next-door neighbour, it is unnaturally quiet.What I mean is, the only voices I hear are those of shrieking school kids. Other than that, it's just the the hum of passing cars and electronic gates and annoying dogs. I must say I did awaken one morning to a lot of chirping. I could have sworn I'd slept at a bird park.

I spent most of yesterday dowloading music to my phone in an attempt to compensate for the EXTREME BOREDOM. It didn't help much. All I was left with was a very low airtime balance which left me even more miserable since that meant I couldn't blog. There's something about blogging that makes me feel good :/

I have two more days of nothingness and then the university holds thier "Welcome Day Picnic" - an event I desperately wanted to miss but now I'm totally looking forward to it. It is sad what the absence of friends can do to one. *smh* Thereafter it is Orientaion week - sounds like a bore but I'm looking forward to it too. This is what has become of me - I am officially a broken person. *sigh*

Dipping out...

No comments:

Post a Comment