the playful k journey

the playful k journey
going somewhere slowly...

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Saturday...

Well, yesterday I attended the FYE (First Year Experience) induction programme at Wits - I still don't know what induction means but I'm guessing it's a sort of welcoming. Anywho, as usual, I didn't really want to attend because (as usual) I had decide it would be lame, not to say it wasn't kinda lame. However, there were many inspirational and eye-opening moments. All in all, it was worth it. I did only go because my dad had already given me R100 to go. Haha.

Down to the cool experience that followed. I met up with one of my new friends after the programme and we walked around the CBD which wasn't as awesome as could be for me because I kept envisioning the beach. The reason being, the CBD in Durban leads to the beach being in a CBD that didn't lad to the beach just made me miss Durban much more. I can barely wait to hit the shores now.








Oh, yes. The cool experience. Well we ended up going to the Johannesburg Theatre. The exposure to all the beautiful architecture and art work was amazing. We tried incorporating a few of the things we'd been learning in our classes. We weren't sure if we could enter some of the places but I suggested we do as long as no one tried to stop us. So we did. My excitement was so great I couldn't help snapping away with my phone.
I'm really looking forward to exploring other theatres in the city of Jhb. The artistic greatness is simply overwhelming.
**Those are the pics I took. The quality isn't so great of course since they were taken on my phone and the girl who appears in them is the friend I was with**

2 comments:

  1. wonderful pics. your campus is pretty tho (o_0)
    and we'l have a beach day when u back :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's actually the Jozi theatre. good idea though. i think i'll put up pics of my campus soon

    ReplyDelete